We all want to be happy. But, sometimes life gets in the way. People lose jobs. Spouses are unfaithful. Kids are hostile. Friends die. Houses burn down. It is a jungle out there.
Unflappable is a book that helps readers not only survive, but embrace these ups and downs of life, and learn to stay centered and peaceful regardless of the circumstances.
Drawing on the wisdom of the mystics and her NLP (neuro linguistic programming) training Michaels offers a six-step process for happiness and serenity regardless of how crazy life gets.
The Six Steps include:
- Discover the lay of the land: Look at the inner contours of your life. Decide where you are and where you want to go.
- Examine the river running through your inner landscape--in all of its inconsistencies and incongruities.
- Ride the river's rapids: go with the flow.
- Learn to identify personal challenges on your journey.
- Learn how to reduce heightened emotional distress.
- Enjoy the ride.
Unflappable offers a unique route to a different brand of happiness--one that doesn't depend on outside circumstances, and incorporates a model for conscious living that leads to serenity.